Experience and Explore Unesco`s World Heritage - Skocjan Caves
Join us on this small group shore excursion journey to the amazing and unique underground phenomenon- Skocjanske Caves in a comfortable, clean, air conditioned up to date people`s carrier/van for up to 8 persons max.
Definitely one of the best and unique ways to experience Slovenia.
We will meet a the cruise terminal or another preferred accommodation and head directly to Divača- Skocjan Caves. A ride in a comfortable up to date clean and air conditioned van takes about 30 minutes. We accept only up to 8 persons for this excursion.
On the way trough a beautiful Slovenian land your English speaking driver will introduce you our country in terms of history, politics, facts and other interesting things.
As we come to the caves your driver will escort you to the entrance and give you the tickets (included in price) as you will join a group that will be guided in your preferred language by a local cave guide.
The Skocjan Caves were entered on UNESCO`s list of world heritage sites on 28 November 1986. The Skocjan Caves are, above all, a natural phenomenon of global significance, ranking side by side with the Grand Canyon, the Great Barrier Reef, the Galapagos Islands, Mount Everest and others.
The guided tour is around 2 hours long.
After you exit from the caves you will have enough time to buy some souvenirs, use the toilet or grab a coffee or snack. After that we will meet again and head back to Koper in a relaxing smooth ride (30 min). If the whole group agrees we can make a reservation for lunch at a authentic Slovenian restaurant with some traditional local or international food and great wine at affordable price. This way you will also get to experience Slovenia trough the taste as well.
After that we will take you back to your ship or another accommodation as the tour concludes
This is definitely one of the best and unique ways to experience Slovenia
Warm welcome to Koper- Slovenia
Slovenia Daytrip Team
- Hotel or cruise port pickup and drop-off
- All transportation
- Up to date comfortable air conditioned people`s carrier/van for up to 8 persons
- English speaking driver/ escort
- Ticket- entrance for the caves
- Basic Insurance
- Complimentary bottle of water
- Food and drinks
THE TEMPERATURE IN THE CAVES IS 9°C/50ºF ALL YEAR ROUND SO PLEASE WEAR APPROPRIATE CLOTHES.
THIS TOUR DIFFICULTY IS AROUND 3.5 OUT OF 5 SO BE PREPARED FOR MORE INTENSITY AS AROUND 300 STAIRS IS INCLUDED ALTOGETHER.
- Cruise passenger terminal in Koper
- Hotel or any other preferred pickup location
Departure time is usually exactly 1 hour after the ship docks. Please wait for our confirmation email with all the important details within 24 hours after the booking.
Hotel/ private accommodation guests please wait for our confirmation email with all the important details within 24 hours after the booking as well.
- If not otherwise agreed the return location is the same as pickup location.
Confirmation will be received within 24 hours after the booking is made with all the important details (departure time and location…)
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
We are doing our best to optimize our tours to the cruise line departure time so it is almost impossible to return back too late and miss the ship.
But still there are certain things we don`t have control over and this might happen as well.
So here we are explaining 3 possible reasons and solutions in case it happens.
- If we miss the ship because of our poor organization we will take you to your next port on our expense for free. We will make sure you will join your ship next morning before it comes to next port.
- If we miss the ship because the group or part of a group not respecting the optimized timings provided every time before any activity during the day than we will take to your next port as well but the expense will be on you. In this case you will still join your ship before it arrives to next port in the morning.
- If we miss the ship because of any scenario on which we or you do not have control over (heavy storm, some accident and the highway get closed for hours and we are stuck for hours, one of the passengers gets injured and had to go to the hospital….)
In this case we will take you to your next port as well but only for the lowest possible price that will cover gas, tolls, car usage and driver. We will not take a penny extra above that.
4. Next port is most usually somewhere in Croatia (max 5 hours of drive) or Venice (2 hours of drive)
Have a question?
Expect our respond within 24 hrs max.
I highly recommend this company. Peter, the owner, is wonderful! He was so nice and professional. He called me to confirm everything and offer suggestions. His communication is amazing. You... read more
October 27, 2022